Wednesday 4 January 2017

Quincy Jones - One Woman Man (1989)




Quincy Jones is a guy who is behind the scenes even more than George Duke and Giorgio Moroder combined. This guy's name is attached to what seems like thousands of projects. I am not even really sure what he does, I just see his name all over the place. I gather that he is a producer, but it struck me as interesting that he had some albums with his own name on them. Upon inspection, I was ultra pleased with this track.

Guest starring vocalist "Siedah Garrett" who has a special place in my heart because of her work on the soundtrack for the 1985 movie called Fast Forward, something I'll share after this :)

Sow hen I saw both of their names come together on this track I had a feeling it was going to be a gem.

One small caveat though. I can't tell if this is FM synth bass, or some other kind of digital synth bass. The Summer of FM is over, and FM bass still has a home here. Especially if I am having a hard time determining which it is. Either way, sit back and have your self a synth bass night.

No comments:

Post a Comment