Tuesday 17 January 2017

Haywoode - A Time Like This (1985)



And the hits don't stop! I have a ton of new tracks to share on this blog, but this one just strolled right to the top of the heap. Again, I've heard this album before, but I never really noticed this track until I was actually looking for good synth bass. With that in mind, my god, this track is a prime example. This is synth bass at it's best. This player in particular is going off. Full on runs up and down, punctuated by ultra bouncy stabs that make this rhythm section unbelievably good.

Let's also give a little love to the original 1983 version of the song, which is much less produced, but a lot more hinged on the synth bass and brass. This is a good example of the differences in sensibilities from 1983 to 1985. the later in to the 80s you get, the sharper and more metallic everything becomes. On average.

No comments:

Post a Comment